1. Test Name
- UL: Dielectric Voltage Withstand Test / DVW Test
- CSA: Dielectric Strength Test
- CE / EN: Electric Strength test
- Manufacturer: High Potential Test / Hi-Pot Test
The test is used to verify that the electrical insulation (spacings, solid insulation…) of components and of assembled appliance has adequate dielectric strength to resist overvoltage conditions.
Dielectric Tester / Puncture Tester
-The testing appliance is disconnected from the supply.
-A sinusoidal voltage at specified frequency and high voltage is applied for 1 min between:
(1) primary wiring and accessible dead-metal parts that are likely to become energized;
(2) primary wiring and secondary wiring.
-For the test the potential is started at zero and gradually increased to the final value where it is held for 1 min.
The appliance withstood the test potential without breakdown for 1 min.
GCS Safety Team