Do you know the definition of protective ELV (PELV) circuit and Safety ELV (SELV) circuit in IEC/EN/UL 61800-5-1?
- the voltage does not continuously exceed ELV under single fault as well as normal conditions;
- protective separation from circuits other than PELV or SELV;
- provisions for earthing of the PELV circuit, or its accessible conductive parts, or both.
- the voltage does not exceed ELV;
- protective separation from circuits other than SELV or PELV;
- no provisions for earthing of the SELV circuit, or its accessible conductive parts;
- basic insulation of the SELV circuit from earth and from PELV circuits.
- IEC/ EN/ UL 61800-5-1:
Adjustable Speed Electrical Power Drive Systems – Part 5-1,
Safety Requirements – Electrical, Thermal and Energy
- Extra Low Voltage (ELV)
any voltage not exceeding 50 V ac r.m.s. and 120 V dc.
GCS Safety Team